Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hand Painted cooler


This project is pretty simple if you can trace and paint.
You can paint whatever you want on it but there are just a few things to remember.

Things you need:
Acrylic paint
Cooler (I had a textured one and I think it works better with keeping the paint on)
A sealer spray
Brushes 

I painted this as a graduation present.
My boyfriend is a fire/medic and so I painted him a cooler to take to the station (and the beach)
You can paint whatever you'd like, I pretty much traced everything except the arrows on the FSU side and the hand writing.  

When you are painting a cooler it is really important to prime it first.
Always use acrylic paint because it will stick better.
Also spray a sealer spray on it so the paint will not chip as bad.
That is pretty much it, not a too difficult project.

Here are all the sides (and progress):
I also tapped of the handle and then untapped to paint it black
 Gray and white side, dog in progress

 Red side
 FSU side (and straightened up color lines between red and white)
 Fire side in progress
 Fire side finished
 FSU side finished
 Black lab side finished
 Paramedic side finished

Happy Crafting!
Always, 
Mel =)

No comments:

Post a Comment