Friday, November 30, 2012

FSU Beer Pong Table

Back again!
I guess in honor of football season ending I will finally put up the FSU football field beer pong table I made.




This one wasn't too hard, just a lot of measuring for accuracy, tracing and free handing.

What you'll need:
Big piece of plywood 
Paint of your choice
Brushes
Things to trace (I printed mine of the internet)
A cup (for circles) 
Ruler
Sealant 

Painting this kind of plywood was a little difficult just because it absorbs the paint more and it's harder to get the paint in the cracks.  But I do think it makes it look more like a football field because it makes it look like grass.   



 I measured about 1-1/2 inches for the white trim and the end zone line was the same.  I taped all these lines out with painter's tape.  The circles I traced with a big cup. 



Then I painted in the end zones and also measured out the yardages.  Between the inside of the white lines was measured to about 6 1/2 inches between each 10 yards.  Your board may be a different length so you'll have to adjust.  I free handed the numbers for the yardages and the dash marks in between.


Then I printed the ACC logo off of google and traced it onto the field.


After that I free handed the FLA State and the SEMINOLES onto the end zones.  
I also painted a garnet line in the middle of all of the letters to match the real field.  
Basically, if you are doing a different football field, just google a picture of it and follow that. 
My end zones don't look exactly the same as the real field but I was working with a lot less space. Ha


Then came for the center of the field.
There was no way I could free hand the seminole head so I just went with another FSU logo that I free handed.  


And that's it!
It's fairly simple if you just follow a picture off of the internet.  

Happy Crafting!
Always,
Mel =)

No comments:

Post a Comment